About Foundation For Excellence (FFE) Scholarship
The mission of FFE is to provide scholarships to exceptionally bright students who have financial constraints, enabling them to achieve professional success as Engineers and Doctors.
FFE fund talented students and help them pursue sought-after courses in India. Their exceptional academic performance has helped them gain admission to the most reputed Engineering & Medical colleges in India. FFE selects top performing students (based on their performance at the national and state level entrance exams) who come from financially constrained backgrounds and will benefit from the program. Once the financial need is verified by FEE’s Facilitator, the scholarship is awarded.
The primary focus of the Scholarship Program is to provide financial and other assistance to qualified students for their degrees in Engineering, Technology (BE/BTech) and Medicine (MBBS). Assistance is available irrespective of the applicant’s caste, community, gender or religion. Only academic performance and family income are eligibility criteria.
So far, 47082 scholarships have been awarded covering 27 States of India, covering all over India through the network of over 500+ FFE volunteers. Total amount of scholarship distributed so far is $16.59 M USD from the pull of funds contributed from generous donors across the Globe.
Unfortunately, only a limited number of deserving engineering and medical students could avail such scholarship due to lack of awareness and unavailability of dedicated felicitators in Manipur.
About DM FFE Project
With Dynamic Manipur (DM) as one of the felicitators of FFE India, DM is permitted to recruit deserving students to avail FFE scholarships. The mission of Dynamic Manipur FFE Project is to recruit as many as qualified and deserving Engineering and Medical students from different districts of Manipur and assist them through the process of application. DM will create awareness of FFE scholarship in Manipur, connect and assist the deserving students to apply for the FFE scholarships through a proper online process.
The Project team comprises of Project director, Managers, Volunteers and Advisors.
FEE Scholarship Policy for the Academic Year 2017-18
- Academic Excellence Criteria
- Only the professional degree courses B.E/B.Tech, Integrated 5-Yr Dual-Degree M. Tech and MBBS are eligible for scholarships. All other courses, including Diploma students admitted directly to their 2nd Year of B.E/B.Tech on a lateral basis, as well as, B. Arch, BDS, B. Pharma and B. Sc (Nursing) students, are not eligible.
- Only the first time students who are beginning their 1st year of study in the academic year 2017-18, are eligible. Applicants already in their 2nd year of study (or above) are not eligible.
- The applicants should have passed their Class XII qualifying examination (Higher Secondary/Preuniversity/Intermediate/CBSE/ISC or equivalent board) not earlier than in 2016. However, students who have passed their qualifying examination in 2017, will be preferred over those who have taken a year’s break for preparation and better performance in their common entrance tests.
- The applicants should have scored not less than 70% marks at the qualifying examination.
- The applicants’ admissions to their professional degree courses should be on the basis of their open/general merit rank (and not category rank) at the state or national level entrance tests or through a counseling process conducted at the state level (as with Tamil Nadu) as per the following table.
- The rank limits are based on the seat intake capacities of the various states as authorized by the All India Council for Technical Education for engineering/technology (BE/ B Tech) degrees and by the Medical Council of India for medical (MBBS) degrees in the year 2017-18.
- Maximum Eligible Ranks for Entrants to Professional Courses in AY 2017-18
- Engineering and Technology (BE, B Tech) Courses: Course Category and States
- a) For students joining IITs, NITs and Institutes/States (Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Odisha, Uttarakhand and Nagaland) where admission is based on the JEE (Main) Rank (Overall All India General/Common Merit Rank – Not Category Rank) – 50000
- b) Chandigarh, Goa, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Andaman & Nicobar Islands : 500
- Medicine (MBBS) Courses : Course Category and States
- a) Applicants admitted based on NEET (Overall All India General/Common Merit Rank – Not Category Rank) : 5000
- b) Jharkhand, Manipur, Tripura, Goa, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Meghalaya and Sikkim : 100
- C) Family Income Criteria
- The gross annual family income limit is Rs. 1,80,000 per year. Gross income refers to the income before deductions for taxes or other purposes.
- In addition to gross family income, the education and occupation of the parent(s)/guardians, the family’s living conditions and the total expenses being incurred by the family on the applicant’s education will be taken into consideration for determining the financial eligibility of an applicant.
- Applicants who are the first graduates of the family will be preferred over applicants who are the second or third child of the family taking up graduation.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) of applicants are employees, a salary/pay slip from the employer is mandatory. The salary/pay slip should clearly show the family member’s gross monthly salary with full details of his/her basic salary and all allowances and deductions. The employer and the Facilitator should certify the salary/pay slip. Submission of an Income Certificate from a local or other government authority in lieu of a salary/pay slip is not acceptable.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are retirees/pensioners, a recent pension statement from the pension authority and/or a copy of the bank statement issued by the pension disbursing bank showing the gross monthly pension being credited to the pensioner’s account in the past three/four months, is required. Pensioners should also provide documents to show the official status or designation, gross salary drawn at the time of retirement and the name of the employing organization. If the parent/guardian has recently retired under a voluntary retirement scheme, reasons for retirement, and amount of lump sum benefits received on retirement should also be disclosed.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are in business or self-employed, income certificate issued by any government authority or income tax return should be submitted in support of the gross family income specified in the application. Specific details of the nature and size of the business or self-employment should also be provided.
- Where parent(s)/guardian(s) are agriculturists or have farming or cultivation as their source of income, an income certificate from a recognized or competent authority should be submitted Details of the nature and size of the land holding, crops grown, etc. wet or dry land irrigation should also be provided.
- There is no requirement for submission of an income declaration or affidavit on stamp paper.
- D) Documentation Requirements
- Applicants for scholarships must submit a “Bonafide Certificate” from the college authorities in 2017, establishing their status as a student for the specified course and year.
- Where results are declared in the form of letter grades and/or a grade point average, the student should provide an official explanatory statement issued by the examination Board/University on the details of the grading system and its equivalence to a marks or class based scoring system.
- Applicants must provide a “Statement of Estimated Expenses” for the current academic year. The statement should be issued by the college authorities and attested by the Facilitator. Mere statements by students of their own estimated expenses are not acceptable.
- Receipts for actual expenses already incurred for the academic year up to the date of submission of the application should be submitted with the scholarship application. The Receipts must be certified/attested by the Facilitator.
- All applications must be filled in English only. Similarly, all supporting documents must also be in English. Where a document is in a vernacular language, its English translation must also accompany the vernacular document.
Application Process through Dynamic Manipur
- Preliminary Application Form For FFE Scholarships through Dynamic Manipur
Last date of online form submission: January 20, 2018
- Evaluation of applied students by DM FFE evaluation committee
- Students’ biodata, documents collections and attestation by DM FFE Project team
- Selected students will apply online through FFE website
- Selected students will be informed by FFE directly to the email of the student.
For further information, please contact the following district project managers
- Ajit Naorem +918731088676 (Kakching District)
- Roshan Thokchom +917005703591 (Imphal East District)
- Kanan Pukhrambam +918575171997 (Imphal West District)
- Kiran Thokchom +918119089267 (Thoubal District)
- Email to email@example.com for other Districts