Global Shapers Community Imphal Hub is proud to invite you to apply with the criteria below to be part of our community. Deadline of application is 17 May, 2016!
What is the Global Shapers Community?
The Global Shapers Community, under the World Economic Forum, is a network of city-based Hubs developed and led by young leaders between 20 and 30 years old who have a calling to develop their passion and leadership potential towards serving their society. To that end, Hubs undertake local projects and sometimes collaborate with other communities to bring development to their communities. Shapers are highly motivated individuals who have a great potential for future leadership roles in society within specific, chosen area. They are selected on the basis of their commitment to passion, achievements, leadership potential, and willingness to make a difference through local wisdom and global perspectives.
Through the Global Shapers Community, Shapers are provided with opportunities to connect with the worldwide network of Global Shapers, to network with other World Economic Forum communities, and to represent the voice of youth at World Economic Forum events. Shapers are united by a common desire to channel the members’ tremendous energy and enthusiasm into building a more peaceful and inclusive world. Read more at
What is Global Shapers Imphal Hub?
Global Shapers Imphal Hub is the 450th and one of the newest hubs of Global Shapers Community. It has been active since Sept 2015 and aims to collaborate with young exceptional individuals from various backgrounds and walks of life; from private sector, public sector, to non-profit organizations. We are currently helping in rebuilding Kabui Khullen, the epicentre of the January earthquake in Manipur. We also host a series called ‘Meet Your Idol’ in various schools where we connect young students to their idols. Another project ‘My Story For You’ brings exceptional stories of inspiring people in the local daily. The hub is planning to roll out new projects for 2016-17. Our Shapers represent Manipur in various global platforms, the recent SHAPE Asia Pacific 2016 in Hiroshima, Japan being one such event.
Who are we looking for (Selection criteria)?
Potential members of the Global Shapers Community must be:
- Young extraordinary individuals with great potential for future leadership roles in society and with verifiable achievements;
- Between 20 and 30 years old at the time of nomination; from all walks of life and industry, with an interest toward greater global public good;
- Minimum qualification- Graduate
- Highly committed to develop their leadership potential towards serving society;
- Adhering to the highest standards of moral and intellectual integrity;
- Possessing unique qualities that distinctly set them apart from the mainstream;
- Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial track record, having already initiated and delivered a major project or founded a company or organisation or having been in an influential position as part of a larger organisation, exceptionally contributing to serving society at large;
- Resident or otherwise physically close to the cities in which their home Hub is based (Imphal);
- Ready to deeply engage in the Shapers community, reinforcing its mission and objectives; and supporting their fellow Shapers in their individual and professional development
What is the selection process?
First, fill up the form at http://bit.ly/1R14tQ1 and then send your 2-Page Resume (in English) to
firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject ‘GSC Application: Your Name’. Selected applicants will be called for an in-person interview on 22 May 2016. Successful applicants will be notified by first week of June 2016.
If you have any question, reach us at email@example.com
The deadline of application is Tuesday 17 May, 2016.