Imphal, Nov 3: Imphal Angels, the first Private Angel Network in North East India has landed in Imphal to boost up the innovative and tenacious entrepreneurs in the region in terms of funding and technical know-how etc.
Addressing reporters at Manipur press club, Fisher Laishram, member of Governing body, Imphal Angels said that the investor company would help tenacious entrepreneurs from North East India build disruptive and scalable startups.
“With a vision of to create a vibrant and diverse startup ecosystem in North East India, facilitating world class products and services serving large markets and the mission to help and nurture innovative startups from North East India reach multi-million dollars valuation, Imphal Angels will provide early stage equity-based funds to disruptive startups founded by tenacious entrepreneurs”, Fisher said.
World class startups cannot be produced from the region if there is no start up ecosystem. The region has several innovative entrepreneurs with potential of world class startup like “diamonds in the dirt”. The job of Imphal Angel is just to identify those tenacious entrepreneurs and nurture them till they reach world class standard. So far, 20 Angel investors have signed up with Imphal Angels, he said.
By becoming a member of Imphal Angels one will have a unique opportunity to become an early stage investor of some of the most innovative ventures from the region, which are largely untapped, and not only gain financially but also have an impact in the economic development of the region, he said.
Stating that the company usually invests in the range of 10 Lakhs to 50 lakhs in each early-stage business, he said, we are, however, flexible to meet the needs of the start-up and make larger investments too. We are sector agnostic and are interested in for-profit, innovative startups, he added.
Apart from the capital investment, the company will help the entrepreneurs with timely mentoring and access to their large network of industry experts and VC funds, he said.
He said Imphal Angel is organising Manipur Angel Investors’ event on November 18, 2018 at Hotel Classic Imphal and appealed those interested to tap the opportunity of the event.
More about Imphal Angels
Imphal Angels provides early stage equity-based funds to disruptive startups founded by tenacious entrepreneurs. We are primarily focused on founders from north eastern India building disruptive startups with asset light scalable business models and going after a large market.
- CHINGAKHAM PRIYOBRATA SINGH, Co-founder and Managing Director, Neopath Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- FISHER LAISHRAM, Co-Founder & Director Mobimp Services Pvt. Ltd., Co-Founder & Director Swerve Tech Pvt. Ltd, Co-Founder & Director Incote Foundation
- LAIRENJAM NIRANJAN SINGH, Managing Director JCRE (Big Concepts Foundation Pvt. Ltd.), Director Neopath Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- RAJKUMAR DEVKANTA SINGH, Ex-Director Retail (India), Levi Strauss & Co.
- PRASENJIT LAIKANGBAM, Co-Founder & Director Mobimp Services Pvt. Ltd
- ARAMBAM ATHOUBA, Director at Imphal Heart Institute
- NONGMAITHEM JITEN SINGH, Founder & Managing Partner of Manipurtimes and Manipurtimes Shopping. Co-founder and Chief Coordinator (2015-16) & Vice-President (2016-17) of Dynamic Manipur with projects on Dynamic Startup & Dynamic Inspiration.
- YENGKOKPAM BUDHACHANDRA, Psychologist, PHD
- LOKEN LAISHRAM, Co-Founder & Director Mobimp Services Pvt. Ltd.
- NICKSON SHARMA, Venture Capitalist at North East Venture Capital Limited.
- GAUTAM THOCKCHOM, TiE Silicon Valley, CTO & Chief Strategy Officer, Akasia Inc – Advisor
- NASSCOM 10000 Startups – Nurturing and fuelling the entrepreneurial spirit in India since 2013
- Your Story – India’s biggest and definitive platform for startups and entrepreneurs related stories, resources
- GSF Accelerator – Provide informed, knowledgeable mentorship capital to the start-ups
- Spiral Ventures – Advancing innovation through technology investments across Asia
- Singtel Innov8 – Corporate venture capital fund with its own set of decision-making, approval and funding processes.
- North East Today – promote the culture, people, beauty and also to celebrate the very best of North East India!
- InnerChef – India’s fastest growing food tech company dedicated to bringing the best food experiences at your doorstep
- JCRE Skill Solutions – JCRE Skill Solutions is an initiative by Big Concepts Foundation Pvt. Ltd. We are a leading Skill Development Organization and a registered Vocational Training.
- Mobimp- Mobimp is the leading product based IT company in Manipur.
- Startup Grind – Startup Grind is a global startup community designed to educate, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs.
- Technology 9 Labs (T9L) – India’s first Startup Studio which has a complete ecosystem to evolve a startup into a success story.