Manipur Photography Club presents Yaoshang photography contest in association with Decathlon Anubhava and Manipurtimes.
Sporty Manipur – The theme of the photography contest
Last date of Submission: March 31, 2016
Note: A contestant can submit only one picture for the contest.
Where to upload the photo of the contest
The same photo also will be picked up at Manipurtimes Facebook page at
The Award Prizes
# Top 3 Winners – Arpenaz2 Tent (each)
# Happiest Moment: Arpenaz 20 Sleeping bag
# 5 Consolation Winners – Rs. 500 voucher (each)
# 3 Popular Choice (Maximum no of Likes) Award – A pair of hand knitted shoes (each) from Mukta Shoes Industry
# 2 Critics Choice Award – A pair of hand knitted shoes (each) from Mukta Shoes Industry
- Contestant must be a citizen of India and above 15 years of age.
- Contestant must be a member of the Manipur Photography club (MPC) online group on Facebook.
- The Administrators and office bearer of the group/Club are not eligible for the contest.
- A contestant can submit only one picture for the contest.
Rules and Regulations:
- Contestants can submit their entry based on the specified theme – Sporty Manipur (pictures related to any sports related activities of the HOLI festival from any part of the country will be accepted. The sports related activities should suffice the below lists – track and field, individual, team and leisure sports and games.
- Only online entries in .jpeg format will be accepted. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this contest.
- Submission of entry:
# Photographs must be uploaded on a dedicated album created for each theme on MPC Group
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/manipurphotographyclub/ ) by the Admins.
# Contestants must submit their entry from their original Facebook account. Accounts for which authenticity could not be established will not be considered for the contest.
- Photo entries should be minimum of 700 Kb size. It is upto the contestants to keep a high resolution unedited RAW image copy (CR2, NEF, jpeg) which had to submitted to MPC in case the entry make it to the winners list.
- Photos submitted for entry to the contest must not have won any award in earlier held Photography Contests.
- Images with frames or borders are not allowed. Images with Copyright signatures or statements or watermarks will also be not considered for the competition.
- Images for the competition can be B/W or Color.
Any contents in the Photographs must not have been added or removed apart from minor changes like cropping, color corrections (Exposure, Contrasts, Brightness and Saturation) and cloning of dust spots, water droplets etc.
Unnatural High Dynamic Range (HDR) images generated through automated softwares and stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable. Any change to the original photographs not itemized here is unacceptable and will render the Photograph ineligible for Prize.
- By submitting the photograph contestant agrees that such photos may be displayed on any part of our website and may be used for the promotion of Manipur Photography Club’s future programmes without any liability to pay to the owner. The Copyright of the Photo will always remain with the owner.
- The Photograph in its entirety must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant.
By entering the contest the entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant and the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity. The entrant also agrees that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph submitted. (The Photographer must submit a declaration to this effect if asked for).
- Photographs will be judged by a team of external Jury Panel and the decision of the selection panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
- Manipur Photography Club reserves the right to modify, change, add or make amendments to any or all guidelines or rules of competition, without prior notification. Participants who do not comply with the rules and regulations mentioned above will not be allowed to take further part in the contest.
By entering the competition, contestants are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions of the competition.